Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Lakes and Dams 10-29 and Run Scared 5k 10-30

Dave and I went to enjoy the fall colors in the hills in an area I had not seen too much of.  The tiny town of Concrete bears further exploration, with a picturesque bridge and a lovely little main street I had never seen.  The hills around it had dams, lakes, lovely fall color and some other interesting things including a system for taking salmon above the dam that involves trapping and trucking them, and tiny huts with benches in for possibly measuring the level of ground water above/next to the dam.





There was a cool old building also, covered with graffiti, moss and odd stalagtites.  It was mostly bolted up with metal blocking access to the inside and the roof.  Peaking in was tantalizing though.  It looked like a big kid playground. 

At this dammed lake, the clouds moved enough that we were afforded a lovely glimpse of Mt Baker.


The next day, I got my boys up early and Bradley, Justus and I all ran a 5k at Seattle's Seward Park.  It was a lot of fun, and it was great to be running with them.  They made it seem effortless and I was so worried I wouldn't keep up, that it distracted me from noticing how long we were running.  The costumes were distracting too.  There were some really funny ones.  We are #679, 680 and 681 (I'm the tiger).



No comments:

Post a Comment