Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Blue Lake 7-21-13

Sunday's hike had a completely different feel right away.  It was on the west side of the pass and was greener and lusher.  Instead of a gravelly rocky trail, there was more packed earth trail.
 
Although I enjoyed the green shade of the trees, I was delighted to come out into the first clearing full of wildflowers.  A couple I met later at the lake told me this was created by an avalanche just 5 years ago.


 
There were more clearings of wildflowers further up as well.


 
This little guy screamed at us in annoyance after we passed or I never would have turned and seen him.

 
After the 11 miles roundtrip the day before, this 4.5 mile trail seems short and we were at the lake in no time, checking out the ramshackle cabin that my guidebook had intrigued me with.
 
 
 The lake was teal and crystal clear.  Again, Adventure Dog and I had the trail to ourselves until we'd arrived at the lake.  I LOVE morning hikes!



 
These waters are also stocked with trout.  They all looked eating size to me and were everywhere.  Not eating enough mosquitos fast enough to save me from losing most of my blood, but it was fun to watch them.
 

 
The nice couple that came up the trail after me were from Twisp and took a picture of me by Blue Lake to prove that Cedar isn't just having these adventures by himself. 

1 comment:

  1. Omg. Very pretty and beautiful too. I want to go even early in the morn. Skinny dip would be delightful. Great scenery great pics gotta love it. ;) good job cedar keeping Tina safe. Smoooches.

    ReplyDelete