Sunday, March 4, 2018

Bridal Veil Falls 01-20-2018

The rain was light, but much steadier than I anticipated as Cedar, Luna and I did just the first part of the Serene Lake Trail to Bridal Veil Falls.  We were pretty soaked by the time we got close and it got colder and turned to snow. 



Rather than go up all the steps to the normal viewpoint, I usually just take the trail to the bottom of the falls - one roaring spot you can get a partial view from a bridge, and then further in there is a light cascade down a rock face.  It is so beautiful there.  Stopping for photos was just long enough for Luna to start shivering. 


Cedar and I were fine, so I put Cedar's coat on Luna since it was more waterproof.  Just a half mile down the trail and she was soaked through and shivering again.  I wrapped her in my fleece (was supposed to be my warm up jacket when I got to the car), put her in my backpack and carried it on my front so I could keep her from jostling.  

Cedar and I were fine, and hiked the rest of the way out like that.  I'm glad I always hike prepared!  Once warmed up and dried off all was well.  This is such a beautiful hike, even just going partway in, and even in the rain.  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment