Thursday, January 6, 2011

Woodland Park Zoo

Woodland Park Zoo is always fun, but the best days are rainy days, especially if they are weekdays.  My Mom gave me an annual pass for my early birthday present, so today after appointments that precluded school and work, Justus and I took the day off and went.
Here are just a few of the friends we saw there today. 
First we were greeted at the gate by this squirrel who was not very subtle in suggesting that we should have something for him.
These tigers were actually mating.  He took all of 30 seconds, she looked bored, and afterwards he strutted around roaring about it.  Hmmmm.
This penguin was hilarious.  Do not ask me how many pictures it took for me to even get this one.
I love watching the gorillas.  I should have tried for a movie clip because in the first family group the baby of the family was wrestling and playing with one of the adults... the adult was fake biting and the baby threw hay and jumped around.  Very cute. 

It wasn't actually raining out, but was a gray and chilly day. 
It was nice to get into the day and tropical exhibits and warm up.



The flamingos were preening, and their goose friend was busy falling in love with her own reflection. 


The Komodo dragons were, as usual, basking there, seemingly peaceful while actually planning how best to turn visitors into lunch.
He has his eye on you!!
After a long day in the fresh air, everyone could use a nap.

1 comment: