Sunday, March 6, 2011

Oyster Dome Revisited

Sorry for the repeat, but I’m sure that will be resolved when the hills thaw out.  This time going up Oyster Dome there was none of the blustery wind that beset us last time.  There were a few clouds and some foggy patches, so I didn’t get the sunny view of both the San Juan Islands and the Olympic Mountains I was hoping for, but the islands were (mostly) visible.

Cedar and I went up with our friends Dan and Clark Kent and we were surprised to find that most of the trail higher up and the top of the dome was pretty snowed in still.  It was mushy and muddy in spots, but not a problem.  It also made coming down pretty fast and fun in a few spots where I could just get some momentum and slide a little ways. 
There were a LOT of hikers on the trail, both two- and four-footed, all friendly and happy to be outside enjoying a non-rainy day in the Northwest. I was pleased to see one guy hiking with a tiny yorkie… the little guy was doing great and glad to be out being a dog instead of packed around the mall in a purse. 
On the way back down the soaring eagles were joined by a paraglider kind of thingy.  The guy was just kicked back in a little seat hanging from under the big kite-like wing, soaring in circles against the blue sky.  Looked like fun, but not for me.... I like my feet on the ground.  : )

1 comment:

  1. Hee hee. What a cute video of Cedar. :)
    Great pictures, too. Looked like a nice day!

    ReplyDelete