Sunday, March 18, 2012

Meadowdale, 3-11-12


With snow and rain socking in the foothills and mountains, I headed for the in-town hike with Cedar.  Meadowdale with its nice hill, is at least a decent workout and always beautiful and different. 


I was pleased to see lovely signs of spring.  The first skunk cabbage blossom of the year made its debut and other flowers were blooming as well.



With the lack of foliage still, I could see this old bird nest.

A hairy woodpecker was mining the trees for lunch.



The beach itself was very windy.  It blew Cedar’s hair and when he looked into it, it blew his ears straight up.  Seagulls were all hunkered down in the sand.



These crabs were entertaining.

On my way back I was amused to see the ranger/caretaker had put up a fun sign on the bulletin board.

This braided tree is way cool.  I don’t remember ever seeing it before, but it has obviously been there awhile.  : )






No comments:

Post a Comment