Sunday, March 4, 2012

Spencer Island Wildlife Area 3-4-12

The snow levels were low but both dogs and people were in need of exercise.  Keeping it close to home and low-key, Dave and I took Adventure Dog and his buddy Junior, to the Spencer Island Wildlife Area in Everett.
We were hoping to see a lot more birds, but Junior is a bird dog and I think they all sensed that.  Mostly the birds we did see were mallards and seagulls.  Still, it was a nice warmish day and a nice walk. 

No one was hunting in the blinds, so we explored the boggy little peninsula that stretched into the various channels.


I didn't get a lot of pictures, but it was a fun day.  Not only did we get in a couple miles of hiking, but I also got to make a little plank bridge.  : )
Look- this log is trying to eat this float!

1 comment:

  1. Did you... make that bridge so you guys could stand by the tree for the photos? Wait those are two different trees and bridges. I'm confused. Maybe it's too early on a Monday for me.

    ReplyDelete