Sunday, February 3, 2013

Old Sauk Hike 1-19-2013

For days the Puget Sound area had been socked in with fog and freezing temperatures.  All day and all night, everything fuzzy and gray.  Cedar and I decided to go out for a hike and at least get some great eerie pictures of the forest in the fog.  Surprisingly, we ended up driving out of the giant fog bank and into the glorious sunshine!

The Old Sauk River Trail is ALWAYS a good choice.  The trail is being changed and the parking lot and parts of it have already been improved, but I evily hope that this won't improve the popularity of it.  I have always enjoyed a quiet secluded walk here, and this day was no exception.  I only saw two other people the whole time and that was at the end when returning to my car! 

Cedar and I hiked along, me delighting over all the different formations of ice, and he running ahead and wondering what was keeping me.




The coolest ice of all was this awesome flowery fuzzy ice.  It looked like translucent moss or icy fur covering everything.  Petting it sounded like miniature windchimes.




Cedar got cold when we stopped for lunch and I had to put his coat on.  He hated it.
No matter how cold or wet, get out there and hike if you can.  We live in the most beautiful place on Earth!


No comments:

Post a Comment