Saturday, February 9, 2013

Wallace Falls 2-9-13

I wanted to go for a hike, but on this cold misty day with Justus and his girlfriend Gretchen, I wanted something dramatic, not too long, and not snowed in.  I prefer less popular trails where Cedar can be offleash, but this was perfect for today.  In addition, I wanted to try out my new camera, which is waterproof.  The photos it takes out of water are not super, but it is so fun to capture a new watery dimension to my hikes! 



The Wallace River is a constant song as you hike along this woodsy trail.

Sometimes you are brushing shoulders with the river, and sometimes you are on the embankment high above, either way the trail is sheltered with mossy trees, shiny salal and big green ferns.


The highlights of this trail though, are definitely the waterfalls.  The first one is a little stream off the main path.
 
 
My stopping point was the Lower Falls, with an overlook to the Middle Falls.  I was disappointed, though not surprised, that this camera didn't catch the view very well.  My normal camera is definitely vastly better. 


But look at the views that this one CAN catch!  I had a lot of fun doing this.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment