Monday, May 21, 2018

Double Bluff Beach 5-21-2018

I had asked for the day off not even knowing how glorious a spring day it would be!  Sunny and a light breeze - the perfect day to take the pups to the off leash dog beach on Whidbey Island.  For those of you who want to see more adventure settings and less pooches, sorry - my dogs had so much fun that most of these photos are of them.  I'll start out with the beachy ones and you can skip the rest if you like.
I saw at least 3 eagles - possibly 5, but a couple could have circled around.  I have never come here and not seen eagles.

There were some interesting things washed up as well - a jelly fish, a halibut head, and this fish.  I'm glad the dogs didn't see it - they would have rolled in it for sure.


I saw quite a few areas where there had been recent erosion.  It is kind of creepy - not sure if it tends to come down when it's raining or just randomly.  I saw some trickles of sand here and there down the bluffs - mini avalanches.
There were quite a few pigeon guillemots around.  I hadn't realized that they nest here!  A kayaker was paddling along the shoreline photographing them.


When we rounded the corner about two miles down the beach where we can see the next bay, we stopped for lunch.  Two sea lions were sunbathing on this buoy.

While the dogs were sniffing around some logs, I noticed a lot of crab shells - probably from moulting.  I set them up on some driftwood.
OK, here is my canine crew.  They waded, walked, climbed, leaped and had a wonderful time being free.  Luna probably did 3 times the distance that Cedar and I did.  Crazy puppy!














Happy Adventuring!

No comments:

Post a Comment