Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Oyster Dome on Independence Day! 07-04-2018

I read on the WTA site that it is preferred hikers start from the Samish Overlook parking lot for this hike, which I'd never done before.  It requires a Discovery Pass and I had one, so I drove up there and arrived at 8am.  There were a few cars, but not many and the views were stunning right off the bat! 

I was meeting my son, Justus, and his girlfriend, Sara, on this hike, but they started from Chuckanut Drive and had to hike up a few more switchbacks than I did.  They pushed hard and I took it easy and just made it to Oyster Dome a couple minutes before they arrived.

This hike was lovely.  We were hiking before there were too many people or bugs, so it was super enjoyable.  There were foxgloves on the drive up, and a few tiger lilies on the trail.

Cedar and Luna were being really good on leash and about half the other dogs we met were off leash.  When we found a quiet spot in the trail where they could do some boulder climbing, I let them off for a few minutes.

Someone had put a few painted rocks along the trail, which was fun I thought.  I guess there was a unicorn down on the part that the kids hiked and I didn't.

We got to the top all sweaty but happy and soaked in this super beautiful view.  I get nervous when other people are near the edge of things, so I told Sara and Justus to stay a lot closer to me than they would have.  I told them if they want to get near edges they will have to hike without a mom along haha. 


My doggy duo seemed happy to be done with the climb and stayed still long enough for a decent smily picture.  They were not interested in going near the edge until this chipmunk showed up and tried to lure them to their doom.


After the hike we ended up going to a Starbucks for some snacks and coffees and the pups got their first ever puppachinos.  Justus was nice enough to hold them while they finished every bit of fluff.

No comments:

Post a Comment